Monday, March 18, 2013

Using Proper Tools...

Good Monday Morning everyone :)  What a past week it has been, I caught the flu! I don't know from where or even how, but I have been in bed, sippin' on sizzurp for about 6 days now...yuck! Today was the first morning I had energy to get up out of bed and move around. Now that I'm up? I want to go back to bed! hehe :)

This morning as I was getting ready, I used a couple new makeup brushes I purchased several weeks ago from Walgreens. They are three eye brushes, very cute in pink, and seem to work well for me this morning. It helped me notice that in order to do a great makeup routine, you need the right tools to perform the job. Tools just as important as the makeup skills that you have. If you are using mediocre brushes and had average skill, just by improving the quality of your brushes, the application would immediately be better, even without improving your technique.

So! What are the right tools? Here is a good running list to go off of:

1. Foundation brush
2. Concealer brush
3. Fluffy powder brush
4. Blush brush
5. Small blending brush
6. Flat eyeshadow brush
7. Precision angle brush
8. Lip brush

When you have your running list, you should learn how to properly hold each one; where you hold a brush on the handle affects your control. The closer your fingers are to the barrel, the more pressure you put on the brush head and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment